Are you looking for a walk-in tattoo in Tempe, AZ?
In this blog post, we’ll give you a guide to finding the tattoo shop for your needs. If you are new to the tattoo experience, walk-ins are when you get a tattoo without an appointment. In general, walk ins’ are usually for a small tattoo. Custom designs tend to require more planning so if you are looking for a custom design or have a preferred artist, getting a spur of the moment piece of art may not be right for you. However, if you are a client looking to get your first tattoo, or your next tattoo, a tattoo studio should offer quality talented artists with an awesome atmosphere!
The Benefits of Getting a Walk-In Tattoo
There are many benefits to getting a walk in tattoo. First, it’s a great way to save time. If you’re not sure what you want or you’re not in the mood to wait for an appointment, getting your new tattoo by walking in is the perfect option.
Second, if you are not sure about availability for some fresh ink, you can always call or text the shop when you are on your way to let them know you are coming. Most studios have their phone number posted on their website or online listings.
Third, same-day tattoos can be a lot of fun! It’s a great way to get a spontaneous tattoo or to try out a new artist.
How to Find a Good Walk In Tattoo Shop
When you’re looking for a spot to get inked, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Here’s some of the best advice when looking for the right studio in Tempe, AZ:
- Do your research. Read online reviews about the location, especially on Google, and look at portfolios to get an idea of the artists’ work. Read both the positive and negative reviews to see how the shop handles different situations. Look for things great experience, impressive customer service, professionalism, highly recommended, and great work.
- Make sure the shop is clean and well-maintained. This is important for your health and safety. Look for shops that are OSHA Blood Borne Pathogen certified and CPR certified. Unfortunately, Arizona is fairly unregulated when it comes to tattooing. Ensure the shop guarantees single use needles, and a pristine environment.
- Ask about the artist’s experience. How long have they been tattooing? What styles do they specialize in? Find a tattoo artist that fits your vibe and makes you feel comfortable.
- Be clear about what you want. Bring a reference photo or be able to describe your preferred styles in detail. Many traditional tattoo artists will offer flash tattoos: a pre-made design, so you don’t even have to come up with a design yourself.
- Bring a positive attitude! Your tattoo artist will appreciate if you’re fantastic too!
- In the end, we want to ensure you get the best tattoo possible. It might be best to book a consultation or make an appointment to accommodate your schedule or needs.
Tips for Getting a Tattoo You Will Love
Once you’ve found a shop, here are a few tips for getting a new tattoo:
- Be prepared to wait. Walk in’s are often in high demand, so you may have to wait awhile to get your tattoo. It’s usually first come, first serve. Most shops post their regular business hours so you’re welcome to walk in during those specific times.
- Bring a reference photo. This will help the artist understand what you want. Browse Pinterest and other inspirational websites
- Be clear about your budget. This will help the artist avoid overcharging you.
- Be flexible. Be prepared to compromise on the design or size of your tattoo if necessary.
- Take care of your tattoo after you get it. Caring for your tattoo for the first few weeks is critical in healing your tattoo well. Follow the artist’s instructions for cleaning and caring for your tattoo.
Getting a same-day tattoo can be a great way to get a tattoo on the spot. Just be sure to do your research and choose a reputable shop. Trust your gut. With a little planning, you can get the tattoo of your dreams without any hassle. I hope this helps you find the perfect way to satisfy your spontaneity! If you are looking for a professional top-rated tattoo shop in Tempe, contact us today.
Just a friendly reminder – we don’t offer piercings at Sentient Tattoo, but we recommend visiting our friends at HTC Tempe.